Tuesday, September 8, 2009

the day I wish will never repeat again!

Monday is our outing day.
So this monday we decided to go to taka baby fair to buy some 6m+ toys for caleb and we made a plan to meet up with benny and BY after taka shopping.

At paragon, caleb fell asleep on hubby's carrier...so I asked him to go first find some seat at coffee bean while I want to have a look at some baby food @ market place.
When I was paying my items at the cashie, I heard a baby's cry so loud..and oh my..it sounded very familiar to me..it was my BABY!!! I asked my hubby what happened and he had no idea. Caleb was sleeping and then he woke up crying and the cry got louder and louder and he just did not stop crying. I took over caleb and tried to comfort him and it didn't work out. He was still crying so loud..he was actually screaming! And I just knew he was in pain but I didn't know what caused the pain and where exactly he was feeling it.
we went to the diaper changing room and checked everything including his diaper area and found nothing suspicious. So I decided to just go up to 7th floor to see Dr.Kumar. Hubby and I were glad that we were just at the right place: Paragon - where caleb's doctor is just upstairs.

Unfortunately, Dr kumar had so many patients on that day and so the nurse sent us to see dr.Siva. We waited for 10-15 mins (couldn't remember exactly but it felt so long). Caleb was crying for 30 mins now.
Finally we got to see Dr.Siva and I briefly explained what happened. I mentioned too that he was perfectly fine before this and had no fever or vomit. He started to examine caleb. His bones, joints, tummy, lungs, diaper area..check his alertness...nothing's wrong. and then he checked his ears and that was when he diagnosed caleb with ear infection. He said that flu is often followed by ear infection and if we didn't bring caleb to see him that day, most probably the infection will get worse and will produce some fluid coming out from the ears.
He gave caleb some panadol to ease the pain and asked us to wait for 30 mins at the clinic. Usually after taking panadol, the pain would go away.
And so we waited for 30 mins and caleb still didn't stop crying at all. I never stopped saying in his ear "in Jesus name, you are healed" and tried not to panic myself.
After 30 mins, Dr.Siva called us in and he honestly told us that usually after panadol the pain will go away but how come caleb still cried...he once again examined his body to make sure there was no other cause beside the ear infection but he found nothing else so he was 95% sure it was ear infection.

So we went home by cab. By the time we were at home caleb had been crying for 2 hours. We prayed together and laid our hand on him. Dr.Siva called and asked how caleb was doing and when he heard that caleb was still crying, he told me if by tonight he didn't stop crying, I have to bring him to hospital to do some scans. I don't know how I remained calm but I just knew I have to be strong for caleb..Thank God for His strength and wisdom.

I decided to call dr.kumar and told him what happened. After all I remember he had warned us about this before. When we visited him last friday to check on caleb's flu, he told us that sometimes ear infection will happen when a child's having flu so we have to watch out if our son suddenly cried and screamed. Dr.kumar assured me that if it is really ear infection then the long crying is normal because it should be very painful. He told me to give the antibiotics although caleb had not taken his milk (he refused to drink).

Praise God after the antibiotics, caleb calmed down and finally able to fall asleep. and total time he was crying for almost 3 hours!!!
Around 10.30PM he woke up hungry but the good news was..he wasn't crying anymore. In fact, he gave his mummy a smile which I really want to just keep that forever!!
after his milk, I put him to sleep again - this time on my arm just right beside me...I think he needed the hug from his mummy :) mummy needed him too..

Today he also woke up with a smile and thoughout the day he didn't cry. Praise God.
Dr. Siva called again this morning to check on caleb and he was glad that caleb was okay.
I was impressed that he called us twice to check on caleb. How attentive and caring!
Ci lina also commented that Dr.Siva is as good as Dr. Kumar too though she still prefers Dr.Kumar.

hubby and me really thank God that he led us to choose paragon for our outing place. We couldn't imagine if we were at home or somewhere else. We were sure by the time we reached the clinic, it surely had already closed.

Anyway, I really wish yesterday will just be a history that will never repeat.

No comments: