Sunday, September 20, 2009

4 day rule

when you start on solids, you may follow this 4 day rule (or at least 3 days).
what I mean is... introduce one new food for 4 days in a row to detect if a baby has any allergy reaction towards the food.
If within this period, he develops any rashes, vomitting, diarrhea, runny nose, etc..most likely he is allergic to the food.
this rules takes alot of a mother's patience. Because we, mothers, will want to try as many kind as food to the baby..we are just too excited..that I, myself, don't really follow strictly haha..at least for the food that I think has a low risk allergy.

My friend has a new theory. sometimes, too much of something is not good either. If we give one kind of food too often, this will create a problem too. Just like adults..for example, we may not allergic to durians..but when we eat too often and too many..we'll get heaty/sorethroat.
I have to agree on her theory too. Caleb had eaten bananas 3 days in a row..and on the 3rd night, he had phlegm! I'm not sure it means that he's allergic to banana. It's more that this is a minor effect of eating the wrong banana (I bought aloha banana, which should not be given to baby hee...how should I know..??) but I'm also curious..maybe if i dont follow 3-4 day rule, he wouldn't even have any phlegm now :(

No comments: