Sunday, September 20, 2009

Caleb's 2nd week weaning schedule

Week 2
day 8: 1/2 aloha banana
(don't buy this kind of banana for baby because it's more heaty. kalo di indo beli pisang kepok/raja. di sgp katanya beli di pasar buah merk ang bak chio)

day 9: 1/2 aloha banana + milna biscuit
(he loves eating biscuit! he will hold it with his lil hand and chew it..til it becomes small then it fell because he couldn't really hold it anymore..he cried when the biscuit dropped!)

day 10
: 8AM 1/2 aloha banana + 10AM milna biscuit + 1.30PM 1 tbsp Heinz rice cereal + 60ml water
(I don't know why I just had a sudden urge to go back to Heinz. Maybe because I read that if baby refused one food, try again a few days/weeks later..because he might change his mind! and to my surprise...he took it well! he even finished it...with minor mess!!)
(around midnight, caleb got phlegm. I asked around and did some research..whether it was caused by the biscuit or the banana..and it turned out to be banana!)

day 11
: 8AM 1/2 Oz apple (did not like it) + 10AM biscuit + 1.30PM Heinz rice cereal + 40ml water
(I give a thicker consistency to the cereal..he took it well too..again with minor mess!)

day 12
: 1.30PM 1 tbsp barley cereal (healthy times) + 30ml milk
(caleb loves it! he's getting better and better at eating his solids. oh btw, I stopped the biscuit and fruit today..see if the phlegm got better without eating fruits and biscuit)

day 13
: 10AM 1oz pear + 1PM 1tbsp Barley cereal + 30ml milk
(he loves my homemade pear puree..I decided to give pear coz I think it's cooling and shouldn't cause any worse to the phlegm)

day 14
: 8AM 1tbsp heinz rice cereal + pear puree + water + 1PM 1tbsp Heinz Rice Cereal + 5PM 1/2 pz sweet potato (didn't like it).

I know my schedule is a bit messy. But as Caleb now gets the hang of eating solids with thicker consistency..I decided to set a schedule:

7AM : Milk
8AM: breakfast
11AM: Milk
1PM: lunch
3PM: Milk
5PM: dinner
6.30PM: Milk
10.30PM: Milk

Once caleb started eating 3x a day very well..I plan to drop the dream feed at 10.30PM and see how whether he can make it til morning without demanding for milk.
now he still takes a dream feed and he still wakes up at night...not for milk, but for playing!!! I guess this is just a phase..which I hope to be over soon..

No comments: