Sunday, September 20, 2009

antibiotics

remember caleb's ear infection?
the doctor gave him antibiotics and for about 2 weeks he had been having a more frequent bowel movement. he could pass motion 2x/day..right after his milk.
I was a bit worried if this considered diarrhea.
the thing is..the day he started on antibiotics was the same day he started on solids.
But strange..because I only started with rice cereal which should not cause any allergy.
I did some research on the internet and I found out that antibiotics did cause diarrhea and the side effect will continue even after the antibiotics are stopped. the effect could go on for 2-3 weeks.

I remember after my c-sect, I took antibiotics..and I did have a very watery motion for 3 weeks.

well..I'm glad it is not caused by the solids.

No comments: