Sunday, August 23, 2009

Caleb's first bump

Huxxx...yesterday caleb fell down from my bed and bumped his head to a wooden cupboard. Luckily we've dismantled the bed frame and put the mattress on the floor..

Actually, my hubby was playing with him when suddenly the phone rang and he picked up the phone...that's when caleb started to roll and roll..flip here and there til finally reached the edge of the bed and hit the cupboard..we heard the "bang" followed by a loud cry..whooaaaa...I knew something bad just happened..so I quickly ran from kitchen to the room (I was preparing milk for him) and so was hubby too..Hubby was the one who got more shocked coz he just left him for 1 sec and never thought he would 'crawl' that fast..since hubby was more panick then me (hehehe...), i took over caleb and hold him..calm him down...check his body..and found a small lump at the back of his head...he was crying for 3mins or 5 mins..so far I remember he didn't cry for long..
I calmed him and prayed in Jesus name, the pain is gone..anyway he's my strong warrior..so within minutes he stopped crying and I praised him...and told him to be careful next time..

then he calmly took his milk. and you know what...after that..he wanted to play again..flipping here and there like roti prata..(gak kapok kayanya hehe)...

anyway, just to be sure..I called dr.kumar emergency line..and the doctor called me back soon..I explained the accident. He told me to put ice on the lump and to observe caleb for 3 days. If there is no sign of drowsiness and vomitting, he should be fine.

well, I know that at around this age, babies get more active coz they can move...sometimes they fall...and we, parents, are not perfect..we can't always watch them 24 hours without leaving them at all..we need to eat, pee, shower, or simply to pick up the phone..so as long as baby is fine, let's not get too worried...we believe that God is still taking control of our babies lives...we just do our part at our best... I think our decision to put our mattress on the floor is wise enough..otherwise, caleb might experience a much worse accident yesterday...

today he woke up with a smile..he plays well too..
oh yeaahh... he is 5 months old today!!! :)
we are thinking to shave his head bald..coz he keeps having hair lost...
but dunno whether looks nice on him..(anyone?? what do u think?)

No comments: