Thursday, December 9, 2010

Action speaks louder

My hubby and I both come from a family background where kisses, hugs, and 'I love you' were not done and said frequently. It's just our family's culture, typical asian - I guess. But when I was pregnant, hubby and I both agreed that we want to build a family where you can find warmth - giving kisses and hugs, or saying "I love you" will not be an awkward thing to do.

It is the same thing as if you want your kid to say 'please' and 'thank you', you need to be the role model for her/him and use these words alot. We do the same thing. We show love and affection towards one another at home. So far, whenever Caleb sees mommy and daddy hug each other, he would run to us and join us in our family hug. Every morning when Caleb opens his eyes, he will smile at me and he will give me a kiss. He couldn't say the words  "I love you" properly yet but if we tell him "I love you", he will reply you "awooo" , meaning: I love you too :p
One day, he patted my head and said "hug mommy" and then kissed me. That was one of the best memories I want to treasure and I pray he will always be this lovely even when he grows older later.

No comments: