Saturday, April 11, 2009

my problem is positioning

Alot of people complaining that they have problem with low milk supply...
some complaining the emotional effect that breastfeeding brings..
me? I really want to complain...!!!
my problem..my main problem..is not really on the milk supply or the emotional effect...
but it is on the correct positioning!
sometimes I can spend 5 mins to position my baby to latch...and it becomes harder when he gets cranky and impatient...whoaaa can be a very sweaty moment for both of us!

I'm not sure whether it is because both of us still learning how to do it correctly..or because caleb is confused between the bottle teat and my nipple..i feed him formula at night and my EBM (expressed breast milk) with bottle too in the morning...*sigh*
but I still dont want to give up yet...at least I've to try to goal my 2 months of BF.

my milk supply so far is between 80-100ml now each time pumping...caleb so far can drink 70-80ml. I dont really bother if people say you need to top up some more of milk supply...you've to have milk more than what ur baby needs now..hee...i thought supply=demand..if my baby demands 80, of course my supply will be around that right? why must be so stressed over increasing MS..

about emotional effect..hmm it is confirmed that most women feel the same that I do!!!
Yesterday, I asked ci jeanny if she ever feels some weird, sad sensation everytime she pumps/latch..and u know whatttt...she thought she was the only one who felt that before I mentioned it...it turned out she felt that too..feeling sad til wanted to cry...well I understand thatttt....really couldn't explain how's the feeling..but it's just weird feeling..coz it makes u feel sad over nothing. just want to cry...
thank God lately I can reduce this kind of feeling by thinking something else..just let my mind occupied...
i wonder why I heard so many people telling me that breastfeeding will make you bond with your baby..hmmm ????
to me...I feel the bonding time after I feed my baby (regardless what method i feed him - bottle/latch)...when he seems satisfied and full..I can talk to him, see him smile..cuddle him...he's so adorable...
this kind of time is so much fun..that makes me think if breastfeeding is so struggling that makes me so emotional..then it's not worth it! most importantly, we have to enjoy our time with our babies! haizzz...but again, if talking about quitting, I feel guilty too. The most making sense about breastfeeding that I so agree is that because it gives your baby the immunity against illness. at least this fact makes me holding on to it...keep doing it mummies...try your very very best!
but if somehow you decide to stop...do it peacefully with no regret :)

jiayou

No comments: