Sunday, September 12, 2010

thank You for our health

Being physically and mentally healthy is really something we need to be thankful everyday.
As a parent to see my son gets flu is heart breaking enough, I couldn't imagine something worse than that.

I have read articles about autism, hyperactive and read a blog and watched a movie about parents with autism kid. Wow..my heart cried for those parents and kids. They must have gone through alot of struggles, shed alot of tears, drained emotionally and not to mention the expenses on the treatment.

and today I witness with my own eyes..an autism kid.. a 6 year pretty girl on the MRT. I wouldn't notice she is an autist if she wasn't yelling, keep wanting to bite her finger and poke her nose.
She is one pretty girl u know...
She was sitting in the midle of two filipino maids...wow her mom has 2 maids to baby sit her..can u imagine how costly that is! I bet she pays very expensive for the helpers...otherwise who would want to stay if not for the high pay..
As I looked at her...I can imagine what her parents are going through..it must had been hard when the first time they found out that their daughter has autism. and the girl too..she couldn't grow up normally like other kids do. :(
I try my very best not to stare or look at her whenever she made noise or screamed.
I know and understand this. When Caleb is having those mini-fits on MRT coz he doesnt want to sit still on his stroller, I will feel so uneasy if people stare at us...with or without the judgement from them..well, hey what do you know about my struggles or my kid? you're not in my shoe...so pls dont make it more difficult right?

To help myself get distracted from looking at her, I prayed. yes..I prayed for her parents that God will give them strength and the patience that they need to raise their daughter. and I prayed that God will make this pretty girl to come to know Jesus someday..despite her development disorder.

Jesus loves you, pretty girl..

1 comment:

-eLv- said...

I really understand how those kids' parents feel. It's really heartbreaking, even for the whole family. An innocent kid, just born with those inability. It's really very sad. Other people even dare to say that this kids are idiots, hopeless, and useless. This kind of comments really break the kids' parents and family's heart as well. Just gonna pray for the best for this kids. They are born with this "abnormality" is not a coincidence. Really pray for wisdom, strength, and faith for family with this kind of kids. Bless them abundantly.