Thursday, July 29, 2010

the adjustment - week 1

Caleb was crying everytime ibu wanted to bring him down to the playground.
but once he was at the playground, he got distracted and forgot his mommy :)

But...it was still hard for both of us..
I don't like him crying so badly everytime he got separated from me.
I wished he knew that it is okay to leave mommy because after a while he can see mommy again..and that he will still have lots of fun eventhough mommy is not with him.

But one day he came home from playground, running to me happily.
I told him "see how happy you are after playing at playground..so next time don't cry when you leave mommy okay"

and since that day...he never cried anymore...when ibu said "let's go downstairs", he will take his shoes and I will put them on for him..then he will wave and say bye-bye to me (this is cute!), and go out and close the door.
I am so relieved.

Last monday I even tried to leave Caleb alone with ibu at home..just to see how it went..if he would cry looking for mommy..or if he would just be fine.
it turned out..he was fine. he didn't cry.
the only problem is that...he still refused to be put down to sleep with ibu.
he also refused to be fed by ibu.

so I'm still getting nervous about coming back to work because these 2 aren't settled well yet.
and it's just another 5 days left before I work! sigh...
My back up plan is to take turn with hubby...so I will go to work in the morning and be back by 2. While hubby will leave house after he feeds Caleb, which means around 1pm.
We will settle his nap and his meal before we leave him with ibu.
But my plan is to keep trying on training ibu so that Caleb can take a nap and have meal with ibu.
I know ibu is nervous too because of her previous failure...sigh...but this has to worked! please..please..please...

No comments: