Thursday, July 22, 2010

Be Selfish

I have a friend who just gave birth 3 months ago and she is now a stay at home mother (SAHM).
When we were chatting on BBM (Blackberry Messenger), she told me how she felt guilty leaving her baby at her mom's place so that she could take a break window shopping at the mall. She felt that she was being selfish to satisfy her own need to have some 'me' time.

and this is what I said to her:

Dont feel guilty for being selfish. We-SAHM- need to be selfish sometimes. Our 'me' time is important so that we can keep our SANE in order to have a balanced life.
It is not good to be burned out. When we are tired emotionally, we tend to lose temper easily and get impatient to the people around us, including our baby.
SO don't feel guilty. Take a break. Be selfish when you get the chance to do so.
I also tell myself the same thing whenever I get the chance to spend some 'me' time..like during my recent trip to sby, I went to salon, shopping, facial...leaving hubby alone with Caleb at home.
I did feel guilty..but then I told myself...I hardly get this kind of chance..so let's be selfish this time and enjoy while I can. you deserve this. WE deserve this.

Anyway, a happy mom begets a happy baby.

No comments: