Thursday, April 15, 2010

eating problem...xcuse me? what problem??

hahahaha... hmm I do sound really boasting saying this..
but no...actually I went through difficult time with Caleb's appetite..and it was TOUGH!
I prayed and tried everything...

and finally...I reach to a stage where eating has been better..it has never been better like this before.

Well..as you know, caleb was a fan of cereal..those baby food packed in a box, sold in a supermarket..very easy to prapare, saves your time..and doctor said dont worry about the nutrients coz cereals also have good nutritients.. but I would still love to see my boy eating what I eat: rice and real meat,vege, etc

and after trying lots of lots recipees...I found out that Caleb loves RICE and hates PORRIDGE!!
I started on rice when he was 11 months, and he took rice very well (like eating peanuts!!) but he just wanted rice only without the meat.
But I still think this is a breakthrough...
so my friend Lisa (Alicia's mom) gave me a recipee...she said when alicia started to refuse eating anything with chicken stock and porridge..she started to cook it in different way..so no soup..just fry the meat and vege with onion.
and so I tried...
First week..Caleb cried the whole meal time and refused to eat...so I gave up and just let him the rice only..
Second week...there was a bit improvement. he refused first few spoons with crying and spit outs..but after that he was willing to open his mouth and ate a few more spoons
Third week..which is this week...he doesn't cry anymore! he just spits out the first and second spoon (sometimes only 1st spoon), and then he eats it happily and finish it!!! The first time he finish the meal (rice and chicken+vege)..I was like "did he just finish it??" I didnt want to be too happy and then the next day I found out that it was just a 1 time success..so I waited. and today is the 3rd time he finish his meal...fed him without trouble and I am SOOO happy!!!
he's not only eating well..but eat healthy food!! my cooking!! I mean..those meat, beef, vege... and he eats fruits 2 servings per day...and yoghurt...and milk is doing well too...I really have peace of mind knowing he gets good nutrients.
Now cereal is only for breakfast and when we go out. I plan to change his breakfast menu with real cereal like cornflakes with milk and honey?? we'll see..

well..mothers out there..just dont give up, okay... when your baby has eating problem/lack of appetite/fussiness...just hang in there..PRAY and KEEP trying...you'll get there someday..

No comments: