Sunday, July 12, 2009

My greatest sacrifice

Motherhood does change you alot and often requires your biggest sacrifice (especially those without any helper to take care of your child).

Since I become a mother, I have given up alot of things that I like to do..
For example, just because I want to make sure caleb has enough sleep, I would give up any outings that will take alot of his nap times. If he misses one nap, it's okay but not 2 naps in a day or else he'll become cranky. Anyway, to me caleb's sleep is very important as we all know that when they sleep well, they grow well too. And also when it comes to bedtime, I really want him to sleep in his room, not in a crowded place like malls...imagine yourself sleeping on the street where people walk by..I bet you won't have a good sleep too, right? maybe, when caleb is older and ready for a longer outing, I may take him..but not now..
For this reason, I am really sorry for not being able to come to erinna's and daniel's farewell dinner.
I really want to come..but I have caleb now..and he's my priority. This is what a mother has to sacrifice.

Before caleb was born, I loved going out and just hanging out with friends and be home by midnight. Sometimes I really miss those times. And even to just go out to the mall for 1-2 hours, just to have time for myself..it could not be possible this time. Sometimes I have planned it well but I may have to cancel because my hubby has to work late, or the timing just unfit caleb's schedule. There were once..I really don't know why but I just burst my tears just because I can't go to the mall to buy some things..I know it's not important..but I felt so dissapointed that I couldn't go..desperate enough to have some private time for myself. Again, a sacrifice I've to make. and the next day, I finally could go to the nearest mall to buy some presents for friends..and I have to rush coz I only have 1.5hour to do it and had to be home for caleb's bedtime.

I didn't call friends anymore to chit chat. Friends don't call me too. my sacrifice.
(lucky, got FB..so still updated for their latest news ^^)

I give up my singer duty in chuch music ministry. another sacrifice.

My first commission this year, I spend to buy caleb's stuffs. forget about buying clothes for myself. somehow I just loose the will to buy for myself. For me, I'm happy I can buy nice things for caleb :)

But today I am so relieved to hear pastor preached about whatever we do, we do for the glory of God, including what you do for your family, raising your child, etc.
I so agree with pastor! this mummy job actually takes more sacrifices than any kind of ministries I ever did in church. and truthfully, this is the kind of sacrifice that makes your spirit grows stronger as you kill more of your flesh. This is when you put others first than yourself. This is when you say NO to the things that you want for yourself. it's not easy, but I thank God I am a mother now and that I serve Him now in my true calling as a mother.

No comments: