Tuesday, April 12, 2011

The 2nd Birthday

Phew it's been really long that I haven't posted. Just 2 days ago when my hubby went in and said "I realized you haven't been writing your blog for quite some time now". Yup, that's true. My reason is because these few weeks the internet connection is so bad and another thing is because I'm busy..we're busy (busy having fun!). There are a lot of family outings with friends.
hmm well..let me get you some updates.

Last 24 March was Caleb's 2nd birthday. We decided not to celebrate as in inviting guests, kids, preparing goodie bags and all.We still think that Caleb isn't ready yet.But just so happened that in March he got 2 birthday invitations right before his birthday. So we prepared presents for his friends. and because of that he understands what present is. He gets excited now when he sees one :) but I taught him the meaning of giving and that it is not for him. He took it pretty well and stopped asking to open his friends' presents. I also taught him how to sing "happy birthday" song which he instantly mastered it after I repeated twice for him. And so because he had attended 2 birthday parties before his own big day, he understood alot that on birthday there will be Cake, candle to blow, lots of candies, goodie bags, and a pinata (he was the youngest one who hit the pinata and he loved it!). I started to doubt my decision and began to wonder if I should have a party too for him. It looked like he had understood. But in the end we still stick to our decision to have a small celebration! We brought him to the zoo again. Yes, zoo! just like last year. I gave him an option whether he wants to go to the zoo or the beach and he said "Zoo! Caleb want see lion!!" so be it, prince!

A mom asked why we brought him to the zoo again and why we only brought him there once a year. Ha! Well, first it was his request. I believe that when we brought him there last year would be different or even NEW experience for him. A one year old toddler wouldn't remember what Zoo looked like. True enough he enjoyed his trip there. He refused to go home LOL!
And why we brought him there only once a year... Come on..you want to make it fun...it has not to be so often right? It supposed to be special trip on special occasion. He'll someday visit zoo for many times again in future..why make it so often during a year? true, peeps?

Okay, so zoo was a morning special treat for him. When we went home, we opened 2 presents for him and after his nap we had a small celebration with the pooh cupcakes which I ordered and my friend, Merilyn, sent us Elmo agar-agar which he loved it :)
We blew the candle...and open some more presents. He got a keyboard and a motorbike from his grandparents. And he seemed to be overwhelmed!! Like...really really overwhelmed!! Because on that evening people came and brought presents for him..from neighbors and church friend.. he had a hard time falling asleep that night..as a result of being everwhelmed :p
And he's still been getting presents every week til last Sunday from our church mates (that's 3 Sundays after his birthday!). We are really blessed! Thanks you everyone for the wishes and presents!

I am now considering to have a birthday party for him next year. I hope this will be good idea :)

No comments: