Tuesday, May 18, 2010

The Molar and The Flu

Ohh poor Caleb and poor mommy and daddy to witness caleb in so much discomfort!
First, Caleb had diarrhea, starting two weeks ago. I quickly suspected it was due teething because it was in greenish color. I was happy because 3 days later, diarrhea stopped n poo poo back to normal. but 2 days later, it started again and very watery. Unlike the previous diarrhea..which was more frequent and continous for the whole week, this time was an on and off and sometimes watery,sometimes not..sometimes it was once a day poo poo and sometimes can be 2x a day.

Then last Saturday suddenly he was coughing badly, sounding with lots of phlegm..He never had any cough this bad before. So I was a little worried if this is a normal cough or not. On sunday I did decide not to go to church and let Caleb rest. Because since saturday night he wasn't sleeping well. He woke up for every 15 mins crying in discomfort. but my dear hubby said let's go to church, Caleb was not feeling well but he will be recovered..and our soul do need this. So okay..we went finally. And back at home, Caleb was getting worse with mild fever and running nose. But the good thing was I knew this was flu and not croup or anything worse than just ordinary cough. He just had cough with lots of phlegm, that's it.

Monday, we went to see Dr. Kumar.
He confirmed that...first, the diarrhea was due to teething.
second, it was just normal flu. Not croup, not bronchitis, not H1N1.
so relieved!
He did mention that alot of flu cases are in lately.

Today, Caleb's fever finally subsided..less cough and runny nose. but he got blocked nose, and again the diarrhea kicked in..
When I brushed his teeth today, I purposely touched his gum and noticed that his 1st molar has finally cut through!!!! OKay..so it is more confirmed that the diarrhea is due to this molar!
and I begin to suspect that the fever too is due to teething. Because so far Caleb's flu never caused him fever before.
ANd right after we confirmed there'r molar breaking through...Caleb vomitted his milk.
Then I remember that cutting tooth can cause upset tummy. so I gave him gripe water.

Now he's asleep.
I really hope tonight he sleeps better, anyway..since the tooth has cut already..should be better right? let's see..

1 comment:

Joyce Michelle Angelus said...

poor Caleb.. get well soon yah. Jesus will heal you :)