Wednesday, January 27, 2010

the importance of knowledge and wisdom

I love love love to equip myself with knowledge when it comes to raising a child.
One of the ways is by reading a book.
we may be mothers and fathers, but we have never been parents before. even if this is not your first child, I'm sure to equip ourselves to prevent repeated mistakes is necessary.

since caleb is on the way to toddlerhood, I think it is time for me to read tracy's book about toddlerhood. and I was so impressed with so much important knowledge there that I am very certain if I didn't read this book, I will definetely be trapped into some accidental parenting.

For example, she mentioned the topic of taming your toddler. Do you know that we most likely prevent baby from crying that we will do anything to please him (e.g. by giving him whatever he wants), and therefore he will grow up to be someone who always want things on his way, otherwise he will throw you a tantrum if he doesn't get it. we do need to allow our child to feel emotions (e.g.anger, frustration) so that we can teach him to deal with his emotion and how to calm himself down.

I'm still reading the book just 1/4 of it hee..but really find it interesting and feels like I'm educated with just the right knowledge I need.

of course, some theory might just stay as a theory and I can't say that I will agree to everything the book says. But I love to know the information and just implement it wisely :)

No comments: