Monday, January 25, 2010

10 months old

10 months old sounds like he is so much older right..I mean 10 months!!!
he is more like a toddler now than a baby..hee...not a baby not yet a toddler haha..

he surprised me today by standing without holding on anything, just for a few secs..
but I just checked on baby center that this categorized as an advanced skill for a 10 month old baby..bravo caleb! :D

what's happening til now?

well, his lower tooth just cut last week. (I was wrong, I thought next would be the molar and then the lower tooth but actually it was the other way round). And with that, he gained his appetite. He still refuses anything except his cereals but he eats well and fast..fastest than he used to, like 10-15mins for 1 bowl of cereals..he now takes chicken flavour, mixed vege, oats n prunes, honey and wheat cereals (before he was more choosy that he only took the mixed vege n oats only).
and I think I proved what i have hunched. that what the PD said about the bad habit is not right. he was just teething.
and I am now more relaxed. even if i have cooked him something and he refused to eat it..I will just throw it away and change to cereal. I come to be in peace with this war of getting him eat 'what i want him to eat - meaning: porridge'.
I guess I just have to respect that he has his own preference. Let's just not to worry about nutrients. I am sure cereals have nutrients. and he is still getting 600ml++ of milk a day. and looking at him now..I believe he is a very smart baby, he will just grow well. and I believe he gets his daddy's gene of "i love to eat anything"...it's just about the timing. someday he will love to eat anything and outgrow this cereals.
ohh..regarding food, he now loves finger food! he doesnt really like blended fruits anymore..so now I cut the fruits to small pieces and he can just chew it well. he loves eating breads too :)

About sleeping:
hmm I forgot to tell you that we decided to go back to 3 naps a day instead of 2.
I know..I know..baby this age can just do 2 naps..but if he has 2 naps, his bedtime will be at 7pm and we noticed that if we put him to sleep at 7pm, he didn't really sleep through. so we still have his nap 3x a day and bedtime at 8.30 or 9pm. He sleeps better. Plus we get to go out at night :)

here's caleb's routine at 10 months:
7.30am: wake up and 150ml of milk
9am: 1st nap
9.45: wake up and activity
11am: lunch + fruit
12.30: milk 100ml and straight to bed (2nd nap)
2pm: wake up+activity (snacks- bread/biscuit/fruit)
4pm: dinner
4.45pm: 3rd nap
5.30pm: wake up+ milk 120ml+activity
8.30: get ready to sleep

but if we need to go out at around 4pm which is his dinner time, I will switch the dinner at 6pm and i give him milk at 4pm.
I know 4 pm sounds so early for dinner. but if we are not going out, I like 4pm for dinner so after he wakes up from his 3rd nap...hubby and I can take caleb for a walk without having to worry that we need to wait til 6pm.

I don't know when caleb will be ready for 2 naps and still can manage to sleep at least 8pm. mall his friends have been taking 2 naps already. but well..i know he will do it naturally, so i choose not to train him in this matter.

No comments: