Saturday, October 10, 2009

30 minutes nap

caleb was having 30 mins nap (3 naps a day) the whole last week, and I was frustrated with it. Because I know 30 minutes nap is not enough rest. During that whole week, his bedtime was earlier too. he slept at 6pm (usual is 7pm), because he was too tired to make it to 7pm.
I was overtired too..because with my wakeful baby, the days seemed to be so long..

But I'm glad I had found a solution.
I browsed a website that said this 30 mins nap is caused by the sleep transition. Putting a child sleep earlier (not overtired) will make him pass the transition easily without really waking up.
caleb can be awake for 2-3 hours after a nap. so i tried putting him to nap 15mins earlier than usual. well, it has worked til now..his nap is back to 1.5hours now..he takes 2 long naps and 1 short nap in a day..and so bedtime is back to 7pm again! :)

No comments: