Thursday, January 6, 2011

Another growth spurt?

My husband is very involved in the matter of raising Caleb. He would not just leave me alone to decide what's best for his son, he would want to be involved. I'm not talking about big matter like which school Caleb should go to, or Which girl he should date (haha!)..but for matters that usually only moms concern. Last few weeks, Caleb had been waking up at night and asking for milk - twice a night! 2am and 6am.
and my hubby said "this has become a habit, we should do something about it!"
My instinc said that it was not a habit. I don't know what's going on but it just didn't seem like he grew a habit out of sudden. But anyway, I followed his sugestion. The next night we refused to give another bottle of milk and ended up Caleb waking up so grumpy! We finally gave him a Meiji cow milk and he gulped down so fast and still cranky. He was really hungry! So I knew it..it was not a habit.

To my surprise, I logged on to the motherhood forum and found an interesting topic that some of the kids there (all same age as caleb), were also waking up twice at night for milk!!
So I guessed...these babies were going through another growth spurt period. This is when they need food intake more than usual for their growth and usually lasts for 3-4 days or even a week.
So I told hubby about it and he agreed that we would just feed him milk if later on that night he asked for it.
True enough a few days later, Caleb was back to normal and did not ask for 2x bottles a night.
What a relief.

No comments: